The Path To Recovery
Whether you’re recovering from a medical or work-related condition, or recuperating from an orthopedic procedure, you know that illness and injury can make daily living a real challenge. From bathing and dressing to cooking and cleaning, returning to work or relearning speech skills, the things you did easily—even automatically before—may now be difficult. While your desire is to get your life back and go home after a hospital stay or surgery, you may need greater support and assistance for your daily activities prior to returning home.
At Symphony of Hanover Park, we have improved and enhanced transitional and rehabilitative services wholly for the benefit of our guests. Each guest is assigned a “Transitions Coach.” The Transitions Coach manages the medical and logistical needs required to ensure a smooth transition from hospital to home while promoting function, safety, and independence in as short a stay as possible.
It is our goal for our guests to succeed through treatment and return home to an independent and fulfilling life. Our modern, guest-centered facility—staffed by top physicians, nurses, and therapists –offers guests the quickest recoveries and optimal results. The focus of this program is on achieving the highest level of functional and medical recovery through individually designed rehabilitation care plans.
Transitional care facilities like ours help guests transition back to their lives.
Our Medical Specialties
We specialize in a full range of services that optimize guest potential and provide hope. We incorporate comprehensive therapy disciplines into individual care plans and then work one-to-one with guests and families toward their personal goals. At Symphony of Hanover Park, we are committed to helping guests restore the skills, confidence, and independence needed to get their life back in the shortest possible length of stay.
Our expert physicians, therapists, and nurses specialize in:
- Orthopedic surgery and joint replacement
- Amputations and prosthetic rehabilitation
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Pain management
- Post surgical recovery
- Heart conditions and cardiac procedures
- Pulmonary disease, including pneumonia
- Neurological conditions
- Stroke and brain injury rehabilitation
- Diabetes education and management
- Intravenous and nutritional therapy
- Chronic renal disease
- Wound care
- Discharge planning including Home Health, Hospice, and durable medical equipment
A Different Approach To Rehabilitation
Guests who participate in our individualized therapy programs will find their strength and stamina return through our rigorous, yet productive therapies. The advanced training of Symphony of Hanover Park’s licensed therapists is complemented by some of the best tools in the industry including cutting edge equipment and the latest Nautilus-style exercise machines. Guests can expect goal-driven care and the entire care team works toward our primary goal—giving guests their life back.
Transitional rehabilitation guests are monitored by a physiatrist through a continuum of care. Guests pursue an individualized care plan, designed by a Physician, Rehabilitation Team, and Discharge Coordinator.
As guests progress in the therapy program, their care plan is modified and new goals are added moving them toward a higher level of function and ultimately independence. Prior to discharge, our staff works with each guest to ensure that their activities of daily living can be met and assess the home environment, if needed.
Your Transitional Rehabilitation Care Team Includes:
- Board-certified physicians in Rehabilitation Medicine, including Physiatry and Geriatrics
- Fully licensed Physical Therapists and Physical Therapy Assistants
- Registered Occupational Therapists and Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Certified Speech Pathologists
- Social Workers, including Discharge Coordinators
- Nurses and Certified Nurse Assistants
- Case Managers
This highly specialized team of professionals comes together to provide:
- Physical Therapy to improve strength, endurance, balance mobility and ambulation.
- Occupational Therapy to restore activities of daily living, including feeding, dressing, and bathing.
- Speech Therapy to re-establish swallowing, speaking, and other communication/cognitive skills.
Additional transitional rehabilitation services include:
- On-site hospital and home evaluations prior to admission and discharge
- A comprehensive pain management program
- Functional progress monitoring and reporting
- Outpatient transitions therapy services for eligible guests and community members
- Fully appointed kitchen